Modelsim Co., Ltd.(hereinafter Company) puts great importance on the protection of users' personal information and does its best to protect the personal information provided to the company online while using the company's services. In response, the company complies with the privacy regulations and the privacy guidelines established by the Ministry of Information and Communication, including the Communications Secrets Protection Act, the Telecommunications Business Act, and the Information and Communication Network Utilization Promotion and Information Protection Act. The company informs users of the personal information provided by the users through the personal information processing policy in what purpose and how it is used and what actions are taken to protect personal information.
The company is taking measures to make it easier for users to see the personal information processing policy by releasing it on the first screen of the website.
The company's personal information processing policies can be changed from time to time due to changes in the government's laws and guidelines or changes in the company's internal policies, and the procedures necessary for continuous improvement of the personal information processing policies are stipulated. In addition, if the personal information processing policy is revised or the personal information processing policy is changed, it is notified through the personal information processing policy on the first page of the shopping mall. Users are advised to check frequently when visiting site.
The company's personal information processing policy includes the following.
- Consent to the collection of personal information
- Purpose of personal information collection and purpose of use
- Personal information items and methods of collection
- Retention of personal information collected
- Sharing and providing collected personal information
- Matters concerning the management of personal information (reading, correction, deletion, etc.) of the user's own personal information;
- Matters concerning the operation of cookies
- Managing personal information of non-member customers
- Consignment of Personal Information
- Matters concerning the collection of opinions on personal information and the handling of complaints;
- The person in charge of personal information management and the person in charge-name and contact information
- Obligations of Notice
Consent to the collection of personal information
The company considers that the users agreed to collect personal information by clicking the "Agree" button or "Cancel" button for the details of the company's personal information processing policy or terms and conditions.
Purpose of personal information collection and purpose of use
"Personal information" refers to information about a living individual that can be identified by the names, email addresses, etc. contained in the information (including information that can be easily identified in combination with other information, even if the information cannot identify a particular individual by itself).
Most corporate services are available at any time without a separate user registration.
However, the company collects personal information of the users to provide them with better quality services, including customized services.
The company does not disclose the user's personal information without prior consent from the user, and the collected information is used as follows.
First, we can develop more useful services based on personal information provided by users. When developing new services or expanding contents, the company can more efficiently prioritize services that should be developed based on personal information provided by existing users, and the company can reasonably select and provide contents that users need.
Second, the personal information items collected and the purpose of collection and utilization are as follows.
- Name, ID, and password: Use the identification procedure according to the use of the membership service.
- Email address and phone number: Securing a smooth communication path for forwarding notices, handling complaints, etc., and providing information on new services and new products or events.
- Bank account information and credit card information: Payment of charges for services and additional services
- Address and phone number: Obtain the correct shipping address when delivering bills or goods.
- Other options: Materials for providing personalized services
- IP Address, : Prevent fraudulent use and unauthorized use of rogue members
Personal information items and methods of collection
The company receives essential information for service provision online when users sign up as members to use the member service. The essential information you receive when you sign up as a member is your name, email address, and so on. In addition, we are receiving phone numbers as an option for users to enter in order to provide high-quality service.
In addition, you can selectively request personal information input for statistical analysis or gift provision during surveys or events in the shopping mall. However, sensitive personal information (racial and ethnic groups, ideology and creed, origin and place of origin, political orientation and criminal record, health status and sex life, etc.) that may violate users' basic human rights are not collected, and if it is inevitably collected, prior consent from users will be sought.
In any case, the information entered will not be used for any purpose other than the purpose of informing the users in advance, nor will it be leaked to the outside world.
retention and utilization period of personal information collected
While the user uses the service provided to the company as a member of the shopping mall, the company continuously retains the users' personal information and uses it to provide services. However, in accordance with the procedures and methods described in "6. User's Personal Information Management (Read, Correct, Delete, etc.) below, information deleted or modified by the member himself or requested termination of subscription, the member shall completely delete it from the disk in a way that cannot be replayed and it will be processed in a condition that cannot be viewed or used later.
And (3. Personal information items and methods of collection) entered for temporary purposes (such as questionnaire surveys, events, identification, etc.) are treated in the same way as in "How to collect personal information."
In principle, your personal information shall be destroyed when the purpose of personal information collection or the purpose provided is achieved as follows: However, the company may retain the identification number of the member for one year from the date of termination of the service contract, in order to prevent the recurrence of illegal use of the member. In addition, if it is necessary to preserve under the provisions of the relevant statutes, such as the Commercial Act and the Consumer Protection Act in e-commerce, etc., the company shall keep the member information for a certain period of time as prescribed by the relevant statutes. In this case, the company uses the information stored only for the purpose of storage, and the retention period is as follows.
- Records on contract or withdrawal of subscription: 5 years
- Record of payment and supply of goods: 5 years
- Records of complaints or dispute handling by consumers: 3 years
The company processes valuable members' personal information safely and destroys personal information through the following methods to prevent leakage.
- Personal information printed on paper is shredded or destroyed through incineration.
- Personal information stored in electronic file form is deleted using a technical method that cannot be replayed.
Sharing and providing collected personal information
The company uses the users' personal information within the scope notified by "2. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information." In principle, the company does not disclose the users' personal information to the outside world without prior consent from the users. However, exceptions are made in the following cases.
- In case users agree to disclose in advance.
- If necessary for the settlement of charges for the provision of services
- In the event that the terms and conditions of service posted on the website and other member services are violated or the operation principles are violated;
- Where there is sufficient evidence that it is deemed necessary to disclose personal information in order to take legal action against it by using its services to cause mental and material damage to others;
- where it is deemed to be required by other laws in good faith (ex. Where there is a request from the government/investigation agency by due process, etc.)
- Where specific individuals are provided to advertisers, suppliers, or research organizations in an unidentifiable form for statistical preparation, academic research, or market research.
- Dispose of complaints and inquiries (civil complaints) caused by the service use of the user.In case a specialist operating a protest customer center provides personal information necessary to handle the complaint;
Matters concerning the management of personal information (reading, correction, deletion, etc.) of the user's own personal information management of personal information;
If you want, you can access our personal information at any time and modify the required information. In addition, additional information other than the required information at the time of membership can be viewed, modified or deleted at any time. You can change or delete your personal information and withdraw your membership after logging in (Login) our customer center.
Matters concerning the operation of cookies.
We use Cookie method for membership certification. This is not automatically saved on the computer when logging out, so if you use a computer that can be used in public or by others, please log out after login.
※ How to reject cookie settings
Example: By choosing the option in your web browser, you can accept all cookies, check each time you save cookies, or decline to save all cookies.
Example of how to set it up (for Internet Explorer): Tools at the top of your web browser > Internet Options > Personal information
However, if you refuse to install cookies, you may have difficulty providing the service.
Personal information management of non-member customers
- Non-member customers can also purchase goods and service products. In the case of non-members' orders, we request only personal information that is essential for delivery, payment, and delivery of goods.
- If you have purchased as a non-member from us, the payer information and recipient information entered by a non-member customer will not be used for any purpose other than payment and delivery purposes.
consignment processing of personal information
In order to improve the service, the company entrusts collection, handling, and management of your personal information to a third party by preparing legal requirements, such as consent, etc.
- The company entrusts the work as follows in relation to the processing of personal information, and stipulates the necessary matters for safe management of personal information in the event of consignment contract in accordance with the relevant statutes. In addition, the information shared is limited to the minimum information needed to achieve that objective.
- Subject to consignment: [Modelsim Co., Ltd.]
- Contents of consigned work: [Checking and approving work for managing posts and contents]
- Subject to consignment: [post office courier]
- Contents of consignment: [Address, contact and name of the shipping destination - Information required for delivery]
- Subject to consignment: [U Plus]
- Contents of consignment: [Must-have details such as identification certification, credit card number, bankbook number, etc. necessary for payment]
- We are partnering with the following companies to provide you with a variety of services that are convenient and beneficial to you. Items of personal information provided are provided as below among the personal information provided to us at the time of signing up.
- Target provided: [Modelsim Co., Ltd.]
- Personal information provided: [Basic information related to inspection and approval for managing posts and contents]
- To be provided: [Postal Service Delivery, LG U Plus]
- Personal information provided: [Basic information required for delivery of parcels, basic information required for payment]
- Purpose of use of information: [Purpose of delivery, purpose of payment]
- Information retention and utilization period: [6 months after service use]
- Exceptions are made in the following cases:
- Users agree in advance
- Where there is a request from the investigative agency in accordance with the provisions of the Act or in accordance with the procedures and methods prescribed by the Act for investigation purposes;
- managed for the purpose of maintaining the site of the management company for site management.
- In the event of entrusting or providing personal information processing, the consignee, scope of trust and scope of shared information shall be notified to you in advance in writing, e-mail, telephone or website.
Matters concerning the collection of opinions on personal information and the handling of complaints;
We are collecting opinions from users regarding personal information protection and are preparing all procedures and methods to handle complaints. Users can report their complaints by phone or mail by referring to "11. Affiliate-Name and Contact of the Personal Information Management Officer and the person in charge" at the bottom, and the company will provide prompt and sufficient answers to the users'
The person in charge of personal information management and the person in charge's organization-name and contact information
We are committed to making sure that you have safe access to good information. The person in charge of personal information management shall be responsible for accidents that go against the matters notified to you in protecting personal information.
ID related to the user's personal information.The security and maintenance responsibility for the password of is on the user himself. The company does not directly ask the user about the password in any way, so be careful not to let others know your password.
Be especially careful when you are online in public places.
The company designates the person in charge of personal information management and the person in charge of collecting opinions on personal information and handling complaints, and the contact information is as follows.
Affiliate/position: Person in charge of personal information management
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 02-461-1081
duty of notice
The details of the current personal information processing policy will be notified through the 'Notifications' on the website if additional deletion or modification of the contents is made in accordance with the government's policy or security technology changes.